SAPO Audit Software
The South African Post Office have introduced their own auditing software for addresses.
Anybody wanting a PAMSS Certificate must use this software in order to ascertain the quality
of their address data. To qulaify for a PAMSS certificate at least 97% of your addresses
must be correct according to the SAPO rules and regulations built into the software.
Where do I start? How do I run the software?
I have my STA report, now what?
- Click here to download the software.
- Once the software has been downloaded extract the contents of the ZIP file to C:\SAPOAUD\
- You will need a comma delimited or fixed length file containing all the addresses to which you want send mail.
- Copy your file to C:\SAPOAUD\ folder.
- Rename your file to have the .AUD extension (eg. addresses.CSV becomes addresses.AUD)
- Double click on SAPOMAIN.BAT in the C:\SAPOAUD\ folder. This will load the software.
- Enter the username "99" and then press TAB to move to the password option and enter "bulk". Press enter. Click here to view screenshot.
- You must now set up your file layout so that the software will know where to find your address data. You now have four options;
Click here to view screenshot.
- Select A to setup a delimited file.
- Select B to setup a fixed length file.
- Select P to process a file.
- Select Q to exit.
- Select either A or B depending on your file's format and then press enter.
You will need to enter you file name and then press enter. Click here to view screenshot.
- Using the TAB key to move through the fields you must enter a description for your file which will appear on the reports and;
- for option A a delimiter and field positions of your address data. Click here to view screenshot.
- for option B the start and end posiotion of your address data. Click here to view screenshot.
- Once you have entered the filed positions you will be taken back to the main screen where you can select P to process and press enter.
- You should now be at the processing screen. Click here to view screenshot. Press enter to go through the fisrt five record on you file. This allows you to make sure that you have entered the correct field positions as your data should line up with the address lines on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Once you pressed enter five times the processing will continue until the entire file has been audited.
- You will find your statistics in your C:\SAPOAUD\ folder with the extension .STA (eg. If you input file was called ADDRESS.AUD the stats file would be called ADDRESS.STA). This file can be opend with a text editor like Wordpad or Notepad. It will tell you the state of you addresses and whether you qualify for a PAMSS certificate or not.
If you meet the 97% required you can sign and fax that page through to Intimate Data on 021 701 5152 and we will issue you with a quote for the certificate. Upon your acceptance of the quote we will issue you with a PAMSS certificate.
What can I do if I donít reach the 97% required for a PAMSS certificate?
Please go to our Services page to learn more about the Bureau Services offered. We can clean your addresses data for you!